Friday, January 7, 2011

Munson Feeding Plan

I am starting off following the Munson Feeding Plan. Once I get more familiar with my boys, I will be revising their feeding schedule according to them.... But being as inexperienced as I am... I'll start off with the plan I've seen so highly recommended:

The Munson Plan (Sample Feeding Chart): Revised 06/08/08

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-When they're on single pinks (2-3g), I feed every 5-6 days. (Snake = 4-15g)
-Double pinks (3g x 2) every 5-6 days. (Snake = 16-23g)
-Small fuzzies (5-7g) every 6-7 days. (Snake = 24-30g)
-Regular fuzzies (7-9g) every 6-7 days (Snake = 30-50g)
-Hoppers (9-12g) every 6-7 days (Snake = 51-90g)
-Weaned (14-20g) every 7 days (Snake = 91-170g)
-Adult (20-30g) every 7-x days (Snake = 170+) See below.

Note: Adult females are fed more frequently than adult males (especially following brumation). Adult females are fed every 7-12 days; adult males are fed every 11-14 days.

This is by no means scientific, and not all corns will cooperate 100% with the schedule. The weight ranges I gave for the prey and snakes are approximate.

3 comments:

  1. This is an excellent bit of imformation, thanks for posting Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a 16 g corn snake so should i feed him two mice one after the other or on different days

    ReplyDelete
  3. one after another

    ReplyDelete